Unless you've done extensive reading and research (8th grade sex-ed class doesn't count), conception can be a confusing an somewhat mysterious topic. But when you're TTC (trying to conceive), it becomes an all-consuming topic! OvulationCalendar.com together with Professor Allan Pacey, BSc, PhD, FRCOG, created a fun and informative infographic to help educate and dispel the mystery behind conception. The infographic and accompanying article called "The Journey of Sperm" dive into the details of pre-conception and conception, giving you an up-close look at the journey of sperm, and the fascinating events and challenges that take place leading up to fertilization. Take a look:
- Select an appropriate health care provider for your maternity care
- Learn what physical and emotional changes you can expect in the early weeks
- Make healthy and safe nutritional choices that meet the needs of your pregnant body
- Choose exercises and physical activity that support a healthy pregnancy
- Identify warning signs and know when to contact your provider
- Identify community resources that can help during pregnancy and early parenting
Best wishes on your journey to conception and beyond!